Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Season For Everything

It has been a while since I updated. I'll make this one short and sweet. Currently, I am in LaGrange visiting Eric, Linds, and Virginia. Tonight, Linds got a night out on the town. She has traveled to Atlanta to go to the Cheesecake Factory with some friends leaving V with Eric and I. This brings me to the title of this post. First of all, I cannot wait to be a mom. It has truly been all I have wanted to do forever. I want to be a wife and mom so badly.....BUT the Lord is sweet to remind me that there is a time and season for everything.

Lindsey got dinner mostly ready while I played with Virginia this afternoon. Let me preface this by saying I am not retarded in the kitchen. I am by no means Paula Dean but I love to cook. Lindsey turned on some peas and said "Just watch out for them cause they are on high right now and you can turn them down in a few...." So, I am playing with V and the next thing you know....the peas are about boiling over. I run to turn them down..run back to take care of V. :) Then, Linds leaves. I got to experience mommyhood with a 1 year old. I don't know if I thought it was easy or what but.....it certainly is draining!

Virginia is on table food now. I get dinner all ready while playing with her and then get her ready to eat. Naturally, she is just not feeling the table food tonight. Even those foods she normally loves are just not doing it for her tonight. So...back to baby food for the night. No harm done. :) Then out for an errand with daddy....home for a bath....the last bottle for the day...and off to bed. Done right? Nope..time for dishes! :) It's crazy and fun and exhausting. I can't wait to be a mommy but I know that the Lord has my days planned out and He knows that right now......I am just not ready. :) I love that He knows His daughter so well!

All that said, I love this little peanut and we have had so much fun! She brings me so much joy and is worth any exhaustion I felt tonight! Now, I know how Linds feels. (kinda!!)


On a different note...I can't wait to see my boy on Saturday! It has been far too long! Oh, and I turn the big 22 on Sunday! Exciting. Hope your week has been fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...