Saturday, July 17, 2010

Recovery, Resting, and a Recipe

Well, the last week has been nice. After surgery I had lots of time to rest which was great and also frustrating. I don't sit for days at a time very well but I was pretty sore so I was a little more content to do so. I am feeling much better and hoping to even get to play some tennis tomorrow night!
On Thursday I finally felt like getting out a little bit and I guess there is something about sitting and not doing anything for several days that made me have an itch to get back in the kitchen. So...I pretty much cooked dinner on Thursday...Pork chops, mashed potatoes, and english peas. Yum.. Oh, and for dessert.....my mom found a recipe for Ice Cream Sunday 4 Layer Chocolate Cake. Love it. I thought I'd share the recipe because it was oh so good.
You'll need:
-1 box of Devils Food Cake Mix
-1 Small box of instant chocolate pudding mix
-4 eggs
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
-1 heaping cup of vanilla ice cream (or any flavor you choose)
-1/4 cup hot fudge sauce
-Chocolate frosting of choice

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place cake mix, pudding, eggs, water, oil, ice cream and hot fudge sauce into an electric mixer. Beat on low then medium for about 1 minute 30 seconds or until well combined and thick. Divide evenly into 4 (9 inch) cake pans that have been generously sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center. Let cool completely, loosen sides with a plastic knife then remove from pans. Place bottom layer onto a cake stand, spread with your favorite chocolate frosting....repeat until 3 layers are frosted leaving the 4th layer on top. Frost the remaining top sides of cake with frosting. You can also use a vegetable peeler and peel a chocolate bar to get curls and then place the curls on the side. I used chocolate chips because I didn't have a chocolate bar to make curls with and it was great! Enjoy!! It is delicious but crazy rich!
Hope your weekend was good to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...