Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fairhope Tradtion.....Take 4

During our freshman year of college I met a new friend. Well, Julie and I were already friends and then Julie met Sarah and they became roommates. Sarah, Julie, and I pretty much instantly clicked. During that year we started some pretty great traditions. Among our traditions was a trip to Fairhope the weekend before spring semester finals. We would go and get dinner at Gambinos and then head to the Fairhope pier and take pictures. We kept this tradition up.....until this year. They were graduating and I was heading to Africa so somehow....we just didn't have time!

Well, Sarah has decided to move back to the place she called home for 11 years, Kazakhstan. So clearly this means we will not be together for a very long time. Sarah is going to teach 2nd grade at a school there which is so incredibly exciting. Those kids are getting an amazing teacher! The plan is for her to be there for 1 year which is sad but I love it because Sarah is so confident that this is where the Lord has her. I am excited for her! With that said, we got to spend the last weekend together. All three of us spent the night together on Friday night and on Saturday our Fairhope tradition continued for the final time.

We had a lot of fun but it was definitely our most interesting night in Fairhope. We headed over and we were so excited about Gambinos. Unfortunately......when we arrived, we discovered that it was changed. There was a whole new name and we were not happy. Haha. We drove around for about 20 minutes and then finally decided to give this old place with a new name a try. It was basically the same! After dinner we headed to the pier to see the sunset. It has been beautiful every year.....BUT........not this year. It was still a pretty night but unfortunately, no sunset. It was just too cloudy. Strike 2. :) After taking a walk, taking pictures, and getting in the fountain, it was time to head home. Then Sarah says, "Oh my gosh. I don't have my keys." Strike 3. Luckily, she knew they were in the car and I had AAA. After about 45 minutes of waiting and singing every disney song imaginable.....he arrived and helped us open her car. Victory. We were on our way.

The night was so much fun. These two girls have been such huge blessings in my life. The year that we lived together was one of my most fun and memorable college years. We all had so much fun together and I know we learned a lot. Then I had the privilege to live with Sarah again. Those two years were filled with so much joy, some tears, good times, hard times, singing and dancing, a lot of learning, TONS of LAUGHS, and million memories that I wouldn't trade for the world. Luckily, Jules isn't leaving me yet! I love you girls so so much!

Here is a picture from each year of our little tradition. I'd like to think we grew up a little but I don't think I've changed much! :)
Year 1
Year 2
Year 3
Year 4

1 comment:

  1. aw....i love it lou lou! i'm going to miss you so much! i'm so thankful that we have such great memories together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...