Monday, January 25, 2010

A Tribute to a Wonderful Woman

Monday..Monday...Monday...I have to say, I am normally not bothered by them but today Monday and I just did not agree. I did not feel well. Classes were long and crazy. Things didn't go just how "I thought" they should have (that is probably the first problem... :) Will I ever just learn that the Lord is in control?)

I have to say...it ended up being a great afternoon/evening....except that I will be asleep by 10:30 after planning to be in bed at 9. Oh well....

Today was my mom's birthday. She is so amazing. Really, I can truly say that she is a woman whose example I desire to follow because she follows Christ. We had such a fun night. Amy, mom, Julie, and I all went to Felix's and had dinner together. It was nice to have a night with the girls and celebrate this wonderful day!
She is the most sincere, humble, gracious, giving, loving, honest, faithful, wonderful woman I know. No, she is not Jesus :) but she sure does strive to pursue holiness in all that she does. I am so grateful that the Lord blessed me with an example like her. I can say with complete honesty that she has the character of a Proverbs 31 woman.

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her; 'Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.' Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."
Proverbs 31:25-31

Those verses are so true of her. I only hope to be half the mother, wife, and friend that she is.

Sorry this is so short...I have an early day and it is way past my bedtime!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday to your sweet mom!! :) Hope she had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...