Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Great Memories and New Beginnings

So, I have to say that 2009 was pretty much great! I have definitely had my ups and downs but overall it was fabulous. I had the privilege of spending three amazing months in Belo Horizonte, Brazil with a great team!
I also met some pretty amazing people while I was there... :)

No...seriously...they were great! I miss them dearly!


I also celebrated a year of being with this amazing guy! He has definitely been one of the greatest blessings that God has given me!




I also celebrated two special days with two of my very best friends! Katherine and Blake got married in August and Colleen and Jason just got married in December. I had the privilege of being part of their special days. Each wedding was different but both girls looked unbelievable and had perfect weddings! Colleen's wedding also gave me the opportunity to travel to Canada which was so much fun! Wish I could share pictures but I still do not have the software on my computer to add my pictures!

Of course, my family and I welcomed the newest member of the Blackman family into this world and have celebrated many of Virginia Louise's "firsts" with her!

Including...her first Christmas! :) She is precious!

There were way more things that happened this year but these were some of the major events!
This past year God taught me so much. I have to say, I definitely learned that God is so faithful even when we are unfaithful. He has blessed us with so much. It makes me think of the verse in James:
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
-James 1:17
How great it is to know that He does not change.

Now that I am thinking about the next year there are many things that I would love to change. Call them New Year's resolutions....I guess. I've never been one for them but as I think about the last year there are things that I have seen in my life that could be improved and changed.

*I want to be more faithful with my prayer life. I want to be consistent in praying for my family and friends and ask them specific ways that I can pray!

*I want to be more consistent with my time in the Word and with memorizing Scripture!
"I have hidden Your Word in my heart that I might not sin against You."-Psalm 119:11
"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." -Matthew 24:35

*I want to read one book a month...I saw this on someone else's resolutions and I think that this is such a great idea and although school is overwhelming and crazy...I believe that this is completely reasonable and beneficial.

*I want to take better care of my body as far as what I put into it with the things that I watch, listen to, read, and eat!

*I will write letters or an encouraging note to someone once every couple of months....not emails or facebook messages. Snail mail!

*I want to remember that my role towards Brett is first and most importantly, his sister in Christ.

*I want to cook more and learn more about it from the best, mom!

*Save money. Give it to those who are in need.

*Blog more consistently...haha. Lets not be too specific. :)

*Be intentional with all that I do and not waste time.

((These are just a few. There are plenty of things that I can be improving on over this next year. Most importantly, I pray that the things of this world will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace. I know that this world is full of so much darkness. I pray that I will not be sucked in, but instead will be a light. Thank You Lord for a new year!))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...