Monday, January 18, 2010

So Much Joy

This past weekend was great. I was able to relax a bit and we had today off from school. Starting tomorrow....busy, busy, busy. Anyways, Friday was dads birthday so we celebrated that with family. I love my dad. He is truly the most amazing father. He is such an example to me. He just recently became the teaching leader for the evening men's BSF class. BSF is Bible Study Fellowship. This ministry began many years ago. It is a weekly Bible study that now involves men, women, and children all over the world. My mom began doing BSF about 12 years ago and it has truly transformed her heart and life which has been transforming our family as well. Now that my dad is beginning and evening mens class I can only imagine what this is going to do for the city of Mobile. My dad's obedience to the Lord and his walk is so encouraging to me. He is the most selfless and giving man I know and I am so thankful for him!

Saturday I spent the day doing homework with Brett. We also ran errands and attempted to give blood. Brett was successful...I, however, was unable to give blood. My poor little arms don't have many great veins. The nurse did not feel comfortable sticking me. Oh well. I will try again! :) Saturday night Brett and I went on a date.
I swear we don't take pictures every single time we go out...it had just been too long since we had taken a good one so I figured..why not! I just love him!

Tonight, just like every Monday night, I got to spend it with this precious little girl. Well, she would hate knowing I called her precious....we'll just call her cool! :)
I know...she is great! I love hanging out with this 6...almost 7 year old!

As I drove out to pick her up I was driving way out. Not exactly the country but kinda...it was beautiful out there and I couldn't resist taking a quick picture. Sorry for the not so great quality...
Seeing this is just a reminder of how great our God is! I have been learning so much lately. First of all, I am constantly reminded that I am a huge sinner and Christ is a huge Savior. When I was studying in John yesterday I came across something I had never really noticed or thought about before. John 11:9 says,
"Are there not twelve hours of daylight? A man who walks by day will not stumble, for he sees by this world's light. It is when he walks by night that he stumbles, for he has no light."
This verse spoke to me. "Day" is referring to the knowledge of Gods will and reliance on His guidance. "Night" is talking about our own self-reliance. If I am walking with complete reliance on Him and His Word, I am not going to stumble. I really needed to hear that. So often I think I rely on myself and I know I shouldn't. He is a definitely a much firmer foundation to stand on. I pray that I constantly remember that truth!

Well, back to my fourth graders tomorrow. I am definitely excited even though it is going to be an early morning! :) Until later....Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...