Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Bedtime Blog

It is exactly 9:00 p.m. and I am sitting in bed about to do a little reading and hit the hay. I am officially an old lady. School started back this week and I realize that the later nights I was able to enjoy on my Christmas break are no longer going to happen. 8 a.m. classes on Mondays and Wednesdays and field experience at 7:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Good news? I was not nearly as stressed as I was last semester on the first day of classes. I am looking forward to this being my last semester of classes. It doesn't seem like it will be too bad either! Thank You Lord!

Other than school not much excitement around. I have been going through the book of John during this school year and it has been so great. I am learning so much. Today I was in John 10 where it talks about Jesus being the good Shepherd. I love this passage. It talks about how the sheep listen to the Shepherd's voice and they follow him. They wouldn't follow a stranger because they do not know him.
"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--just as the Father knows me and I know the Father--and I lay down my life for the sheep." -John 10: 14-15

I pray that I know my Shepherd's voice and follow Him wholeheartedly. I pray that I will be aware of those false shepherd's and be so close to the true Shepherd that I will seek Him.

Goodnight all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...