Saturday, May 30, 2009

Oi From Brazil!

It is truly amazing that I have been given the privilege to be in Brazil this summer! I have been here for two weeks so far and already the Lord has been so gracious. First of all, the summer has already been far more challenging than I ever imagined it would be. This is definitely a good thing and God is truly stretching me! Secondly, Brazilians are the most welcoming and most loving people I have ever met! They are so patient with us and so willing to serve and help us! God has been so good to allow us to have such sweet friends here.

We have been on the campus of UFMG for about 2 weeks as well. I have met so many people which is a challenge because I have so many names to remember! The girls and guys I have met are amazing. One thing that has been a challenge is the language barrier. Unfortunately, I do not speak Portuguese fluently but it has definitely been a fun experience to learn different phrases! Did I mention that Brazilians are extremely relational? Oh, and I'm pretty sure that they do not get tired! Being here has been a challenge because I am not used to staying up so late! One thing to pray is for our team and that we would take time to rest!

Well, that is all for now. Sorry I have not been updating regularly! Our time is so limited here! We are constantly busy! Until later.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...