Saturday, May 9, 2009

4 Days Away


I cannot even believe that I will be leaving for Brazil in four days. I am so incredibly overwhelmed but so excited. In thinking about leaving I thought I'd share a few of my thoughts....

First of all, the Lord is truly amazing. I am not even in Brazil yet and my, how I have seen His hands all over this trip. In raising support to go I have had some major ups and downs just thinking that I was never going to reach my goal. "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19) This verse has proven so true, as if it wasn't true before. :) We serve a great God and "he is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" (Ephesians 3:20) I am in awe of all that He has taught me over the past few months. He has shown me my lack of faith and I have learned better how to trust Him.

As I am preparing to leave for Brazil, I am getting anxious about leaving for the summer. I am anxious to leave my family and nervous about being in a completely different place for 2 months. I know that God has so much He wants to teach me this summer. I am begging the Lord to continue to make me sensitive to His Holy Spirit. I want to be a learner and pour my life into this summer. I want to be teachable. I want to embrace it all. I was reading in Romans the passage that has truly become a verse for "those going on mission trips." "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'" (Romans 10: 13-15) I am thinking about my summer realizing that God truly has called me to go to Brazil, however, this is not a summer thing. From the moment that I became a new creature in Christ I was called to bring the good news. I am excited about the opportunity to go and to experience a whole new culture and to hopefully, see the Lord use me. But, I am called to share the good news all the time. I know that I fail daily but I pray that my life reflects the Gospel.

I am so grateful for this opportunity. How amazing is it that God would choose to use us. He definitely does not need me at all...but He picked me to go to Brazil this summer and to be His hands and feet. What a wonderful God! For now, I would ask that you would pray for me as I prepare to leave. Pray that God would continue to mold me into a humble learner as I go to Brazil. Pray for the hearts of those who I am going to be meeting. Until later, Love Wins. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...