Friday, February 12, 2010

Today Was A Fairy Tale..

"But can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me... Fell in love when I saw you standing there it must have been the way... today was a fairy tale. It must have been they way.. today was a fairy tale!"

I don't know why but I felt that this song was appropriate for today...I like Taylor Swift and I don't mind admitting it! :) Well, as you know...there was a bit of magic in the air today! It was one of those days that I just have to give an A+. Last night we heard that we were going to get some snow on the ground today so we were as excited as ever! Okay....let me just say this about myself. It does not take much to excite me. I am the type who, at 21 years of age, would still wake up at 6 am on Christmas morning, knowing all I was going to get was clothes! I just get really excited! So..with just the prospect of snow I was a giddy girl!

I woke up at 7....and nothing. Rain, rain, and more rain. I did not give up! As I waited...I spent the morning in bed spending time with the Lord and reading! It was so nice to just relax. We serve a graceful and forgiving God and I am so thankful!

Around 10:30 I glance out the window and finally that rain turned to some beautiful white flakes!! I throw on my boots and grab the camera and run downstairs. I called Brett, woke him up, and told him to HURRY AND COME OVER!! He wasn't nearly as pumped as I was... :)
It snowed pretty steadily for a little over 2 hours. No, none of it stuck at my house but I was thrilled to have flurries and flakes just the same!
Okay....now to change topics a bit.. I have been studying through the book of John in my personal time in the Word. I have been studying with Bible Study Fellowship and one of the questions this week was, "What is one truth you have learned this year but haven't believed or put into action?" I don't remember exactly how it was phrased but it was something like that. I immediately knew what truth I had learned and one that has really been on my mind so much lately.
"Faith without deeds is dead." -James 2:26
This is so simple and I know it is a well-known verse. I just feel like I need to be a bolder witness for Christ and need to be striving to serve others more. If I am simply studying God's Word and both being poured into by others and self-feeding that is really not enough. I have to act on the things that I learn. I have to serve and love others well. I am sure we all need improvement with this but it has just especially been in my thoughts lately.

I hope you all had a fun snow day in Alabama! I know we certainly did! Enjoy the rest of your weekend friends and stay warm! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...