Monday, February 8, 2010

How Was Your Weekend?

Because mine was just great!

The weekend was fun, relaxing, and fairly productive! On Friday my brother, sister-in-law, and niece came into town! They had a marriage conference across the bay so the family headed over to keep Virginia. Brett and I drove separately because...being the great guy that he is, he bought us tickets to see Dear John. So..I have heard that the book does not have a great ending. However, I must say...while the ending leaves you hanging a little bit I would still give this movie a thumbs up. Maybe this is because I am a sucker for sappy love stories. Seriously...I'm pitiful. :) Either way..I would recommend seeing it.

Before the movie we made a pit stop at the Grand Hotel to see my sweet family. Did I mention I love living in Mobile? Wanna know why? The following pictures might help explain....

We got to see the most beautiful sunset.
No, I don't get to see this every single day but it is still such a blessing to live near this bay!

"Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen." -Psalm 72:19

So Saturday...Eric, Linds, and V all came back across the bay to stay with us. Excuse the following pictures....I am her aunt and I am allowed to think she is the sweetest, best, most adorable baby to ever be born. :)
So sweet..
Could you not just eat her up?

:) I love this!
Sorry there are so many...at least I didn't post all 200 pictures I took! :)
Seriously..I look at this sweet girl and think, "what did we do before
Virginia was part of this family?" haha
We had such a fun weekend with Eric and Linds too! :) Unfortunately, they had to go back to Auburn...

I have to say...Sunday was also a really great day. I go to a church called, The People of Mars Hill. I cannot tell you what a blessing it is to be part of a body like Mars Hill. I love it! We have been going through the book of Genesis and on Sunday we were in chapter 24. It is when Abraham sends his servant to find a wife for his son Isaac. First of all, I never realized how specific this servant was when he prayed for to God, asking for His wisdom and favor.
"Then he prayed, 'O Lord, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. May it be that when I say to a girl, 'Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too'--let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.'" (Genesis 24:12-14)

Then we see that before he even finished praying the woman who was to be Isaac's wife walked out to get water. She did everything that the servant had prayed. She was selfless. We learned that during those time it would be common hospitality to provide a drink for a servant who asked for one but it would be going beyond expectations for a girl to draw water for camels. The servant had about 10 camels with him meaning that she would have drawn several gallons of water for them to drink. We learn that this girl who will go on to be Isaac's wife is Rebekah!

The biggest thing that I learned (that Jack taught..) was that this story is a picture of the Holy Spirit who comes and prepares us for the day when we will be united with Christ. This servant came to find Rebekah and prepare her to be united with Isaac. We, as believers, essentially are Rebekah! I also want to put into practice being as much of a servant as Rebekah was. I want to go above and beyond for those around me. I thought this was cool so I wanted to share...

Well, this week is really busy but there is so much to look forward to!! Brett's 21st birthday is Thursday and Valentine's Day is Sunday!
Have a good week friends!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...