Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Ramblings

Hello and Happy Monday! It was a dark and gloomy day in these parts and I hear many of my friends up north got a good bit of snow! Crazy Alabama weather!!
 So with this cold and gloomy day it called for a cup of hot chocolate this morning and some time with the Lord...perfect morning.


As I spent time with the Lord this morning I was reminded, as I am so often, of His faithfulness. Seriously, the Lord kept bringing to mind the hymn, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness." For Christmas, Brett's mom got me this devotional, Jesus Calling. It is just a daily devotional that I have been reading before I spend time with the Lord. There is one a read a few days ago that has stayed with me. It is short so I am going to write it out. It has been so encouraging. This book is presented as if God is speaking to you. 
"Relax in My healing presence. As you spend time with Me, your thoughts tend to jump ahead to today's plans and problems. Bring your mind back to Me for refreshment and renewal. Let the Light of My Presence soak into you, as you focus your thoughts on Me. Thus I equip you to face whatever the day brings. This sacrifice of time pleases Me and strengthens you. Do not skimp on our time together. Resist the clamor of tasks waiting to be done. You have chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from you."

I love this because I am so guilty of letting my thoughts wander or "skimping" on my time with the Lord. I am realizing more and more the importance of my time with Him. I thought it was so encouraging.

And....off the subject....but, check out this adorable mug from Anthropologie


Sweet Julie got me this mug for Christmas. I have always liked Anthropologie but NEVER bought anything from there. It is a bit pricey most of the time and although I LOVE the bright colors I see when I peruse their website.....not everything is practical. As I was looking around today, here are a few things I LOVED! Looking at these different things makes me excited to get married and have my own house!

I love this couch....but again...not terribly practical! :)

Cute vases...

Love these bowls!

And these too!!

Sorry, I know that is random but I was just looking around the website that I cannot afford and dreaming.... :) 

Other than wandering around and wasting time browsing the Anthropologie website I was actually productive today too. I have been in an organizing mood these past couple of weeks. It started with my closet, then all of my "teacher" stuff that I have been collecting for the past few years, and today it was my linen closet. Let me tell you it was a wreck. See, my mom shops at T.J. Maxx and stuff there is cheap so we used to buy towel sets often. That closet hasn't been cleaned out since I don't know when...it was definitely time. Everything was so crowded. I didn't really get a before picture but I did get a picture of EVERYTHING that was in the closet before...



I mean...who needs that many towels, hand towels, rags, and sheets? :) haha.

Here is the empty closet......


 And.....afterwards.....


Any of you girls who read this blog and have seen this closet know that this is looking so much better! :)


And tonight.....well, it is Brett's Christmas. Auburn is playing in the National Championship. 

And because I remember so many Auburn fans screaming, "Hook 'em Horns" last year......

I have one word: Quack!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! That is THE BEST that closet has EVER looked since I first started coming to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! Just don't mess it up when you come here!! haha! By the way...we have Minnie Mouse hand towels for V!! haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...