Monday, January 31, 2011

I Like the Way You Hung the Moon

So today I was feeling crafty. Okay...what I did is a lame excuse for being crafty but either way.. It was something I had been wanting to do for Brett and I got to use markers. I'm thinking the teacher in me needed to come out and use some school supplies today. 

Anyways, as I have mentioned before Brett started student teaching this semester. I went through this whole stressful process last semester except he also coaches. So needless to say he has been thrown into this thing we call the "real world" pretty quickly. Well, while I did my student teaching Brett was so encouraging and helpful and sweet. He brought me little treats every now and then and I of course want to be that for him. 

In honor of this last semester of school I made a "Countdown to Graduation." Not many things thrill me more than scratching days off a calendar or a to do list so I figured it would thrill him too. :) haha. 

 Yeah...I put all the important dates on there! :)


I got some ribbon and tied each month together and there you have it. I thought it turned out cute. I know the polka dots are pretty manly too. 


He has been working so hard and if you know Brett you know he is not an early bird so this waking up thing has been a new challenge as well. BUT, it will all be worth it in just 103 days! :) I love you sweet boy. 

AND...because I think you hung the moon...this song is for you. I love this.


I like the way you hung the moon, uh huh.
Well, I just like being close to you, uh huh.
When you're gone I feel so blue, uh huh.
Yeah, I like the way you hung the moon uh huh.

I like the way you know that dance, uh huh.
I like the way you hold my hand, uh huh.
Just spin me all across the floor, uh huh.
Yeah, I like the way you know that dance, uh huh.

Well I like the way you sing your songs, uh huh.
You've been singing to me all along, uh huh.
The way you loved me won my heart, uh huh.
Yeah, I like the way you sing your songs, uh huh.

I put on that white dress for you, uh huh. 
I told the preacher man well yes i do, uh huh.
I'll stay and I'll grow gray with you, uh huh.
Yeah, I put on that white dress for you, uh huh. 

Monday is over folks! :)

1 comment:

  1. okay... confession time. i love drew holcomb and i love ben rector... how did we not realize this sooner?? ben's new cd comes out feb 16th, and it sounds like its going to be just as good as his current one, which is wonderful. love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...