Monday, November 8, 2010

Take a Drive With Me....

Every morning I make the early drive to my school to embrace a group of fifteen adorable first graders. Every morning I have about 25 minutes to spend with my Father on that drive. He knew that I needed that drive every morning. He has given me the privilege to spend these few minutes with Him before I enter the fun, hectic, intimidating, frustrating, overwhelming, exhausting, and loving community I call my classroom.

I have found that in the years that I have walked with the Lord I have had mountain tops and valleys. Through it all, I have struggled through the tough times and learned so much through the ups and downs. There are times that I am consistently in His Word and learning so much and there are times when my prayer life is great. I feel like the two never exist at the same time. As of late, God has really been showing my the power of prayer. I love being able to talk to Him on my drive to school. I love being able to tell Him how good He is, confess my sin (which takes almost the entire drive...let's just be honest) and thank Him for all that He is showing me and teaching me. I love that I am able to pray for each of my students by name and pray for my school. I get to pray for my family and for Brett. I have the privilege to pray for the laborers and the laboring that is being done around the world and in our own city. Yes, the Lord knew that I needed that drive. He has answered prayer after prayer that I have prayed on that drive to school. I am thankful that I am able to go straight to Him every single day at anytime during the day.

I will say that lately I have been struggling. Last night a friend of mine blogged about how much she felt like she sucked lately and it was basically my thoughts exactly. We all know that Romans 3:23 says: "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" I fall short of His glory and His perfection everyday. Even in the midst of those feelings of missing the mark, doing everything wrong, or failure, He always reminds me that I am His and He has forgiven me of every sin I have committed and ever will commit.

"No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand"
This has been so encouraging. I am thankful to know that nothing can take me out of His hands! I am forever His.

My friend who wrote an encouraging blog last night also reminded me of a great quote by John Newton and I will leave you with that:

"My memory is nearly gone, but I remember two things--that I am a great sinner, and that Christ is a great Saviour."

I pray I will never forget this. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...