Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Giving Back

Over the last year I have found many blogs that I love. I have found many that provide humorous stories, fun families, delicious recipes, and fabulous tutorials. But, there is one blog that I have found that I have fallen in love with. The author is just a mother of two. I found her blog through a friend who linked the birth story of her second daughter Nella. You can read about it here. Grab some kleenex and read it. This little girl was born with Down Syndrome and is about to turn a year old. 

In honor of sweet Nella's first birthday her mother is raising money for the National Down Syndrome Society. Her goal is $75,000 and I have been watching this number continue to get higher and higher. She has almost reached this goal and honestly, I am confident that she will raise even more. If you would like to donate in honor of Nella you can go here

The mission of NDSS is to create a culture that fully accepts and includes individuals with Down Syndrome. What a great organization. I'll be honest, if I hadn't started reading this blog I probably would not even think about this organization. But, at the end of the day, I have fallen in love with this little girl and have been encouraged to share how we can help not only she and her family, but the thousands of others that live with Down Syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...