Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Wins

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! I hope that you all had a great day and got to spend time with friends, family, or that special someone. Luckily, I got to spend time with all of the above. All in all, a good day.
With all of the Valentine's day hype I couldn't help but be reminded of a God who loves me more than I could ever fathom. Don't get me wrong....the smell of fresh roses filling my room thanks to my sweet boyfriend is great. Also, a lot has happened since last Valentine's day. This is the year I fell in love for the first time. So...I like Valentine's day....but I was just reminded of a few verses and I thought I'd share in honor of this holiday.

"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you." -Psalm 63:3

"Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back." -Isaiah 38:17

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us." -1 John 4:18-19
What an amazing promise!

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." -John 14:21

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." -1 John 4:8

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." -Romans 5:8
The Gospel! I am so thankful!

"Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies." -Psalm 36:5

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" -1 John 3:1

And of course......
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy; it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
-1 Corinthians 13:4-9

I pray that we all would dwell on these promises and remember that nothing in this world can ever satisfy. He loves you more than anyone on this earth ever could and is the only one who could love us so perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...